Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) is an opportunity for you to personally advertise yourself to a prospective employer.
These tips will guide you in how to write a compelling CV that will present you and your professional experiences in the most interesting, unique and impressive manner. We will help you to get your foot in the door and maximise your chances of finding the job you love.
- A resume should never look like data clogged into sheets of paper, or be very long to read.
- A brief on qualification, skillsets and related courses or work experience, should be presented under appropriate sections.
- One should understand that a person filtering relevant resumes, may not even spend two minutes reading it. This makes it necessary to choose right mix of keywords, font styling to highlight where needed and make important pointers grab attention.
- When one is listing their skillsets, it is better to do so with examples of how it helped in their previous job / project done.
- For a fresher, it is important to highlight training programs attended and additional skillsets acquired through training / internship.
- It is far easier and quicker to read smaller sentences, than read a whole paragraph. Hence, a resume should have sub-headings and pointers wherever relevant, making it easy to give a quick read through.
If you donĂ¢€™t know how to get your resume done, or need help with reviewing it and make it recruiter friendly, you can use our Resume Writing Service, or Resume Review Service. Since we have experienced HR professionals who are familiar with Australian firms, they can help you get your resume ready for hunting work.